POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : post_process suggestions? : post_process suggestions? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  post_process suggestions?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Apr 2000 20:22:35
Message: <chrishuff_99-80DFAD.19253627042000@news.povray.org>
Does anyone have any suggestions for additional filters? I currently
have these on the "to-do" list:
highlight/midtone/shadow level adjustment
color_function filter

In development:
find_edges
    The "cartoon-like" filter. It basically works, but still needs a lot
of work.

patterned_blur
    Blurs the image by an amount controlled by a pigment(the only reason
it is here is because I haven't tested it yet, it compiled fine. :-) ).

(Mostly) Finished:
stars
    Generates non anti-aliased starsfield on portions on the image with
a given color.

steps
    Divides smooth gradients of color into separate steps. This might
make good "terraced" height field landscapes.

normal
    Displays the normal values as rgb colors, scaled into the 0-1 range.

multiply
    Multiplies the image by a given color. I will probably extend it to
take a pigment.

add
    Adds a given color to the image. I will probably extend it to take a
pigment.

exponent
    Raises the values of each color channel to a power in the respective
channel of a given color. I will probably extend it to take a pigment.

clip_colors
    Clips the colors of the image to always be less than a specified
color. I will probably modify it to take two colors, to clip to a range.

invert
    Inverts the image, using the formula component = 1-component.

blur_matrix
    Also called a convolution matrix(I think). Useful for directional
blurring, etc.

color_matrix
    Runs the color through a 3*3 matrix. Useful in combination with
multiply, add, exponent, etc.

I will post the source code soon, hopefully later tonight.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/